I messaged one of my best friends on WhatsApp, Hey! Good morning… How are you.. And then she says she’s fine but couldn’t sleep well last night because of an urgent project delivery. Then I speak about how I woke up late, missed gym and skipped breakfast. We rant about how boring, hectic, and difficult our lives are.
Then our conversation takes a positive turn when we hope that everything will be alright, let’s just work hard and meet someday on weekend. And said goodbye.
But deep inside we both are really sad. We are waiting for something extraordinary happen to our lives.
Why are we sad, there’s no specific reason.. Just a perpetual gloom.
I realise, it’s just our attitude which makes us feel so. It’s our mind which is over thinking, nothing else. Our life is one of the most fortunate ones.
My mind doesn’t agree yet. Let me list down the positives and negatives.
- We have a family which cares for us every single day.
- We have a mother who gets up before us every day, prepares food and leaves for work.
- We have a father who is often working off station but never misses a day when he asks if we reached home safe.
- We have our grandparents who love us unconditionally.
- We have loving siblings, cousins, and friends who make our life worth living.
- We have good health, sound body.
- We have been well educated.
- We have a stable job.
- We live in a good city, with all facilities.
- We are just 22. We are young and yet to discover many opportunities waiting for us.
- We have time, energy and freedom.
You might also have a special someone who cares a little extra for you 😛 If you don’t, you’ll find one day.
Ah, I think, I could go on and on. I’ve been such a fool. I’ve got everything.
Now, I was in metro train, going to office in the morning. I saw a woman, in late 20s. She had only two fingers in her each hand and feet. And still she was happy. It seemed like she was going to office too. And this gave me all courage to write this article and remember this day forever.
It is true. Our generation is blessed with all conveniences. Our parents and grandparents worked through hardships back then. To us, everything is available so easily.
All we need to do is focus and be determined for our goal.
Now I promise, everyday I will thank God for this beautiful life and my family. You should too.
Don’t be sad unnecessarily. Be happy. Be normal. Be motivated. Life will come to you on its own.
I will share following mantra:
- Don’t think about negatives, only positives
- Be thankful for everything
- Utilise your time, never stop learning
- Value people in your life, you don’t know when one leaves
- Trust God, trust yourself
- Have patience and work for the best
Your life is already good. You are alive. You are blessed. Have a great day sunshine!